Ann Guzman, LPC
Ann Guzman is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Georgia. Ann holds a Masters Degree in Professional Counseling from the University of West Georgia (2014) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of West Georgia (2012). She is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy through Behavioral Tech, LLC. Her experience with DBT began when she worked in a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility serving children and adolescents that had difficulties regulating their emotions that led to suicidal and self-injurious behavior. During her time there, she also helped families understand their children’s behavior and taught parents skills in order to assist their children when they become dysregulated. After her work in a residential environment, Ann entered private practice to facilitate DBT in an outpatient environment, in order to help clients build a life worth living and remain out of hospital settings.
Qualifications and Experience:
· M.Ed. in Professional Counseling from the University of West Georgia and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of West Georgia
· Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Georgia
· Intensively Trained Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Certificate of Completion by Treatment Implementation Collaborative
· Intensively Trained in the Prolonged Exposure Therapy Protocol - Treatment for PTSD and Trauma
· Providing DBT and psychotherapy to individuals, groups, and families since 2014
· Experience providing DBT services in Private Practice, Residential Treatment, and Rehabilitation facilities.
A frustrating thing is feeling stuck in a cycle and not knowing how to get out of it. My approach to therapy is providing a solution focused style and assisting you to eliminate the barriers in your life that are preventing you from living the life you desire. With the support of the DBT skills, and other cognitive approaches, we will work together to help you get out of that “stuck” feeling.